Thursday, May 31, 2007

Ants in the Pants


I'm pretty sure we've all heard that 'ants in the pants' line, joke whatever you want to call it, but sit right back and let me tell you a story. The other evening I was preparing to take a shower and while getting my towels, washcloth, razors, clothing etc, I ran upon a most grievious sight! Now, anyone who knows me knows that there is one thing in particular that I absolutely cannot stand. INSECTS! Insects of any kind, be they flying insects, crawling insects, sliding, squirming, what have you. I abhor them! So, as I open the drawer that contains my (ahem) undergarments, I see the a mass of black ants all over the place. Yes, ants in my proverbial pants! I was livid! Apparantly at some point in time, my little darlings were doing the laundry while at the same time eating/chewing on some sort of taffy that fell into my unmentionables drawer. Thus, those sweet little nasty ants jumped upon the taffy, calling out to their friends to come have a taffy party in my underwear. Well, I instructed the little darlings that they were going to clean out the drawer and make sure that there was no trace of the ants left anywhere and they were to never eat candy while doing laundry ever again. Needless to say, I will probably never use that "ants in the pants" line again.

6 comments:

Art said...

And your dear hubby's reaction to this discovery was, as always, calm, cool and collected...

(cough)

Anonymous said...

Ugh. I'm speechless. The joy of parenting...don't you just love it?

Carolanne said...

Ugh.

Once I was reading to my students and we were all sitting outside on the ground enjoying the sunshine. Unfortunately, I got bitten by jumping ants and that stings. I never sat on the ground to read to them again.

Shionge said...

Hahhahaha so funny Stace..hmmm...on a positive note you must tell me what sexy stuff you have there sweetie :)

Have a wonderful weekend pal!

Mona said...

Super girl! That is hilarious! LOL

& I will be looking forward to see your wedding photo!

Incidently I was also talking about some crawling insects & posted a pregnacy photo & and an HNT that you will enjoy to read I hope.

Mona said...

well? did you find the photograph??