Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Christmas Meme

Well, since everyone has done this meme, I may as well do it too. So, here goes.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, I love to wrap presents with frilly bows and such. I only use bags when items can't be wrapped.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial because my dear sweet husband is terribly allergic to cedar, I won't even mention what happened the last time we had a real tree.
3. When do you put up the tree? After Thanksgiving, around the first Sunday in Advent
4. When do you take the tree down? not until after Epiphany
5. Do you like eggnog? love it!
6. Favorite gift as a child? My Barbie town house, unfortunately it was that Christmas that I realized there was no Santa.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Art's parents
8. Easiest person to buy for? Art, because I've got him all figured out!
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, but I have no idea where it is.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? not sure
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I love Christmas movies, so it's hard to pick one. But I'll go with "It's a Wonderful Life" that movie makes me cry. I don't even have to see the whole movie, just that last line "every time a bell rings an angel gets it's wings" and it's boohoohoo! I also love "A Smoky Mountain Christmas" with Dolly Parton and Elf with Will Ferrell.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I try to start sometime in October.
14. I’m not sure why, but there isn’t a #14.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My christmas candies that my aunt makes for me every year.
16. Lights on the tree? Absolutely! And I don't have to mess with it anymore cuz our tree is pre-lit! YAY!
17. Favorite Christmas song? This is another one where I can't choose just one. So as far as hymns go, I have to say "In the Bleak Midwinter". And for popular songs, I'd say "Do they Know it's Christmas"
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? nah... cuz there's only one that really matters.... the most famous reindeer of all.... RUDOLPH!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? A star. I used to have an angel, but I switched to a star because it reminds me of the Magi coming to the Christ child.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? When I was little, it was always on Christmas Day. My in-laws are Christmas Eve kind of people, so we're opening on both.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? that we fill up the time and make ourselves so busy that we don't take time enough to consider the true meaning and reason for this season.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I don't have a favorite because I change my colors/decorations each year. this year it's purple, last year was black. I'm thinking next year might be more traditional with red... but who knows?
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? time alone with my husband!


Tag... you're it!

3 comments:

Art said...

#2 - I guess you have to blame it on someone...

#8 - no you don't. You just read my mind. There IS a difference!

#9 - Me neither.

# 17 - Jesus was born in early spring.

# 19 - Everyone always forgets reindeer Art!

# 20 - That is not the reason you switched and you and I and your dead ex-stepmother all know it!

# 24 - We're waiting...

# 25 - When???

Anonymous said...

Heehee...Art's remarks are almost as interesting as your answers...almost!

#23 - If my son-in-law had his way, their tree would be decorated all in orange (NOT Tennessee orange, either...orange just because he likes the color). Have you ever tried to find orange lights that aren't little pumpkins?

Stacie, I am impressed! After such a long blogging absence, you have three posts up in the first half of December already!

Stace said...

vicki, i thought about orange for this year, but i'm just soo disappointed with my vols, i couldn't do it... and who knew i had so much to say this month? certainly not me.. lol

art. when? whenever you say. you're the husband, the head of the household, the one i'm to be subservient to.. *choke* *cough*