Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Too Many Irons

I'm sure everyone has heard that old saying "too many irons in the fire". Well, that's exactly how I've felt the last couple of weeks. From planning the Laity Sunday worship service, to planning and leading the Wednesday night bible study of Acts 2, to planning the church's Fall Festival, to finding appropriate wedding attire for Shelby, Tad, and myself, not to mention all the practicing I've been doing on the piano, to preparing for an event at Eastern Star....well, to say I'm too pooped to pop is an understatement!

And now, it's time for Thanksgiving! WHAT?!?!!!! It is so hard to believe that Thanksgiving is indeed only a week away. By this time, I've usually decided what dishes I'm fixing and have even started Christmas shopping. This year I just cannot seem to get "in the mood". I normally love this time of year, but for some reason... I'm lagging, stalling, however you want to put it. I don't even have a Christmas list written down yet, let alone started buying anything! Although, I do have my decorations purchased and ready to go up, we're going all PINK this year...woohoo, I'm sure my husband is going to hate it, but oh well. We had his favorite color last year...blue! Not that pink is my favorite color (it's green, btw), but when I saw these decorations, I got a wild hair and decided that was what I wanted. Maybe after I get the tree put up, I'll get more in the spirit. At least I'm hoping so.

4 comments:

gavin richardson said...

quite a few irons. maybe there is a sabbath day in there somewhere. i hope there is for you

Art said...

Wow, honey, the Methoblog Overlord elect comments on your blog before I can!!!

Whazzup wit dat???

In my defense, it was Bloglines that caused this oversight... Truly that lying piece of hack code called Bloglines told me you had no new post. And I had almost thought my prediction was correct - that you would burn out on bloggin' in a hurry.

Well, the jury's still out on that one but I don't mind pink or green or blue decorations as long as it makes yous happy:)

Carolanne said...

Last year I couldn't get into Christmas, this year I'm already playing Christmas CD's and teaching new Christmas songs to my students. You should get the Colin Buchanan Christmas CD - it's cool.. designed mostly for kids but I love the songs!
We don't have Thanksgiving over here but since I have good friends in the US, we sometimes have our own little Thanksgiving dinner and give thanks to God for the many blessings He's given us.
Anyway, happy Thanksgiving!

Stace said...

gavin - there is always a sabbath day, and i recreate myself every sabbath with a much needed nap! (of course, this is after worship)

art - thanks honey! but i knew you would say that, so that's why i already bought all the decorations i will need...can't wait!

carolanne - thanks for the cd suggestion, i've thought about getting out my christmas cd's, but that's about it.