Wednesday, October 18, 2006

From Preacher to ???

Ok, as if preaching a sermon wasn't enough, I was tagged to lead Bible Study tonight as our pastor is away in Mexico with a mission team building churches, ministering to the people, and engaging in worship services. My adoring husband nominated me for this job last week at Bible study. I reallly didn't want to accept this job, but as no other person was willing to, I was trapped! Lucky for me, we are studying the book of Acts and chapter 2 in particular. Seriously, I lucked out on this one. The Pentecost story is one I'm well familiar with, having planned Pentecost worship services in the past. So, we talked about the Holy Spirit, speaking in tongues, and ran down a few denominations. No, really we didn't speak derogatorially (is that a word?) of other denoms, we accepted that they may have different interpretations of Scripture than we do and that that's okay! We also talked about how different our world would be if all Christians were united by the Holy Spirit as those believers were on the day of Pentecost and in the days following. Imagine it if you can.... no hunger, no homelessness, seeing all as a brother or sister. What a wonderful thought....too bad that's all it is.

1 comment:

Art said...

Sorry I couldn't be there. I'm sure you did a great job!